Alien RPG: Building Better Worlds
“Space is a pitch black room—stick your hand out and you might never get it back. Of course, you also might touch god. It’s a gamble either way. To not try, however, is to wither and die—only those bold and foolish enough to take a chance will change their lives.”
—Captain J.V. Gorham, Far Spinward Colonies, Pioneer, Weyland Corp.
All the wonder and danger of the stars is yours—if you can just wipe the grime off your face and dig the dirt out from under your fingernails first. Airless moons circle swirling gas giants, eager to be transformed into tomorrow’s paradise. Dark ancient mysteries wait to be unearthed beneath a millennium of debris. Searing solar flares boil your flesh and blacken your bones as you harness their power to light a hundred worlds. Long lost mysteries lie entombed in the frozen hearts of icy comets. Unstable tectonic plates shift to drown iridium mines in scalding lava. Even the truth of humanity's origins awaits you out there, orbiting some dying star. And out there amongst it all is something truly horrifying—something that nature never intended.
Building Better Worlds is a complete campaign module for the award-winning official ALIEN roleplaying game, giving you all the tools you need to run a full open-world campaign as a pioneering explorer or colonist. This book includes:
- History of Colonization – the story of humanity’s reach for the stars.
- Creating Explorers & Colonists – expanded character creation rules for life on the frontier.
- Gear & Ships – an extensive chapter with new gear and spaceships, gloriously illustrated.
- Extrasolar Species Catalog – new Xenomorphic creatures to encounter.
- The Lost Worlds – the framework and backstory for a frontier campaign.
- Expeditions – six thrilling expeditions into uncharted space, playable in any order.
- The Endgame – the final showdown with everything at stake.
- The Appendix – create your own frontier and colonize it.
NOTE: The ALIEN RPG core rulebook is required to use this book.