Old-School Essentials Classic Game Set
The five books in the Classic Game Set detail:
- Characters: 7 fantastic classes (cleric, dwarf, elf, fighter, halfling, magic-user, thief), full equipment lists, specialists and mercenaries, stronghold construction.
- Magic: The complete set of 34 cleric spells (from 1st to 5th level) and 72 magic-user spells (from 1st to 6th level), for use by players of cleric, elf, and magic-user characters.
- Adventures: Full rules for adventuring in dungeons, the wilderness, and at sea, as well as guidelines for designing and running adventures.
- Monsters: A selection of over 200 classic monsters to challenge adventurers of all levels: dragons and dinosaurs, golems and giants, slimes and oozes, beast-men and unholy spirits, animals monstrous and mundane. Includes complete encounter tables for dungeon levels 1–8+ and all types of wilderness terrain.
- Treasures: A hoard of over 150 wondrous magic items: enchanted arms coveted by every warrior, scrolls, staves, and seeing stones, alchemical concoctions, rings of power, boots and cloaks woven with magic.
Old-School Essentials Classic Fantasy is a complete retelling of the classic 1980s Basic/Expert game, including all rules, character options, spells, monsters, and magic items.
The Classic Game Set contains the same game as the Classic Fantasy Rules Tome, just presented in a 5 book set for those who share our love of RPG box sets! The Old-School Essentials Classic Game Set + the Advanced Expansion Set also contains the same game as the Advanced Fantasy Player’s + Referee’s Tomes.